INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
CITIS 2017 accepts two types of contributions: Papers and Posters, in Spanish or English. In the case of papers, they must correspond to research articles, review articles are not allowed.
Submitted manuscripts must be original and not have been presented in other events, nor currently been under evaluation in another event or scientific publication. Also, the contributions should be framed in the field of Engineering, specifically in some of the subjects of the Conference. Check subjects here.
Authors must present their papers following the specifications in this Word template. Posters must use this other Power Point template. In both cases, the citations and references must be presented in accordance with IEEE style.
Papers must have an extent between 4 and 6 pages, and must comply with the following structure: Abstract, Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions and References.
Papers and posters should be submitted from the Conference OCS platform, in two separate files, in the following order:
(1) Paper or poster in its corresponding template.
(2) Title page (download here)
To access the platform the author must create an account here. If you have already participated in previous editions of this Conference, you do not need to create a new account. If you do not remember your password you can retrieve it here.
In order to verify the thematic adequacy to the Conference, submitted manuscripts will be reviewed by the Coordinator of each Technical Session. Subsequently the works will be sent to the Scientific Committee, who will assess the manuscript relevance, originality and impact. Every submitted manuscript will undergo double-blind review process. The Scientific Committee may suggest to paper authors to re-submit their work as a poster.
All manuscripts submitted for review are inspected by a disciplined anti-plagiarism policy that ensures the originality of the articles. To do this, different special services are used, such as the Urkund system, which analyzes the texts for grammatical and ortho-typographical matches, which ensures that the works are unpublished and, at the same time, ensures compliance with the standards of editorial quality that guarantee their own scientific production.
Upon receipt of notification of acceptance of the paper by the Scientific Committee, the lead author should prepare a Power Point presentation of his work using the following template. This presentation must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org during the dates established by the Organizing Committee (check relevant dates here). In the subject of the email you must type “Presentation-Name of the session – Full name of the first author“. The above mentioned, is mandatory for papers, it does not apply for posters.
Once the oral presentation is made, the process of publishing of the Conference Proceedings (with ISBN) will begin. All papers and posters approved by the scientific committee must be presented orally in the event by at least one of the authors (not necessarily the first one). This will assure the inclusion of the manuscript in the Conference Proceedings.
Conference Proceedings will include all papers in their entire form and only abstracts in the case of posters.
CHECKLIST FOR SUBMISSION PREPARATION
As part of the submission process, authors are required to verify that their manuscript submission complies with all of the following. Manuscripts that does not comply with these guidelines will be returned to authors.
- The manuscript has not been previously published nor has been submitted for consideration by any other journal / conference (or an explanation has been provided in the editor’s comments).
- The paper or poster has been uploaded after been sure it complies with the appropriate template (paper template), or (poster template)
- Title page has been uploaded to OCS plattform in second order.
- The manuscript includes figures and tables in the right position, not at the end of the document.
- All figures and tables are also sent separately in a compressed folder. Within the compressed folder each figure is presented as a separate file in its original format (jpg, png, bmp or gif), with a minimum resolution of 300dpi, and the file name corresponds to the numbering with which the figure is presented in the body of the manuscript. Tables are presented in a single Word document, one table after the other, according to their order of appearance in the body of the document.
- To ensure an anonymous peer review, you must ensure that your name does not appear in the body of the manuscript or in the file properties (right click on the file, click on “Properties”, go to the “Details” tab and delete all property and personal information).
This post is also available in: Spanish